After the 2016 election, I started a project to raise money for vital non-profits by selling beautiful and striking map art decals for cell phones. I created six designs, each inspired by a different cause that was especially under attack. All proceeds from each design go to a non-profit working for that cause. I’m supporting:
- reproductive rights (via Planned Parenthood)
- civil rights (via the ACLU)
- black lives matter (via Black Lives Matter)
- refugee resettlement (via International Rescue Committee)
- investigative journalism (via ProPublica)
- environmental justice (via EarthJustice)
I selected non-profit organizations that are fighting on a national level, to have the greatest effect. All of them have a rating higher than 90/100 on Charity Navigator, indicating low overhead, good financial management, and transparency (except Black Lives Matter, which doesn’t make enough income to be rated).